Foxit Reader Unspecified Memory Corruption Vulnerability - Secunia.comAccording to the Foxit Software Announcement, there are also several other useful fixes in this update:Description:Foxit Reader - Building the Most Secure PDF Reader - Foxit Software
A vulnerability has been reported in Foxit Reader, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system.
The vulnerability is caused due to an unspecified error. No further information is currently available.
The vulnerability is reported in versions 22.214.171.1241 and prior.
Update to version 5.1.3.Fixed an issue when opening certain PDF files.
Foxit Reader 5.1.3 fixed an issue when opening certain PDF files. This issue was caused by the cross-border assignment of an array which may result in memory corruption vulnerabilities.
Foxit Reader 126.96.36.1991 and earlier.
Fixed in Version
Foxit Reader 5.1.3
Please do one of the followings:
- Please go to "Check for Updates Now" in Reader help menu to update to the latest version 5.1.3
- Click here to download the updated version now.
Maintenance Release - Foxit® Reader 5.1.3 - Foxit SoftwareMaintenance Release - Foxit® Reader 5.1.3
... Foxit Reader 5.1.3 fixes an issue of Foxit Reader when opening certain PDF files. This issue was caused by the cross-border assignment of an array which may result in memory corruption vulnerabilities or potential memory corruption vulnerabilities.
Other product modifications include:
- Fixed an issue when right-clicking an opened PDF file in an internet browser after changing the UI language.
- Fixed an issue where the paper size in the Preview Area of Print Dialogue Box cannot be updated accordingly if users choose the Xerox® Printer.
- Fixed an issue when switching the interface language.
- Fixed an issue where the Paper Drawer cannot be changed to Cassette when printing.